Dataset Release Timeline
Welcome to the Open Data Buffalo dataset release timeline! This timeline is a routinely updated and publicly accessible schedule for when publishable City data and datasets will be added to the Open Data Buffalo portal.
As publishable datasets are identified, the Open Data Buffalo team will determine approximately how long it will take to curate, contextualize, and review each dataset for quality, clarity, consistency, and accuracy. The dataset will then be added to the timeline.
Once the dataset is added to the timeline, the Open Data Buffalo team, including departmental data liaisons, will set out to: restructure the data into a machine-readable format; look at means of potential automation onto the portal; and build metadata to increase the usability of the dataset.
All release dates are approximate estimates therefore subject to change.
Released in 2018
- 2018-2019 Assessment Roll (Added to portal 3/20/18)
- Buffalo Public Schools (Added to portal 3/20/18)
- Commercial Valuation District Boundaries (Added to portal 3/2/18)
- City of Buffalo Public Art Collection (Added to portal 5/25/18)
- Code Violations (Added to portal 6/29/18)
- Local Historic District Boundaries (Added to portal 6/7/18)
- Neighborhood Metrics (Added to portal 7/11/18)
Expected Release in 2019
- Quality of Life Summonses
- Current In Rem 53 List (2019) (Added to portal 5/20/19)
- Business Licenses (Added to portal 2/1/19)
- Buffalo Public Schools 2018-2019 (Added to portal 4/26/19)
- Capital Projects
- City Website Analytics (Added to portal 10/15/18)
- Housing Court Cases (Added to portal 4/11/19)
- Historic Properties
- In Rem 52 Final Auction Results (10/15/18 - 10/17/28) (Added to portal 3/19/19)
- Licensed Contractors (Added to portal 10/17/18)
- Recyclable Materials (Added to portal 3/12/19)
- Rental Registry (Added to portal 5/9/19)
- Street Ratings
- Tax Roll 2019 - 2020
- True Tax 2018 - 2019 (Added to portal 2/15/19)
- True Tax 2019 - 2020